Role: Software Engineer
We are looking for a software engineer to join the platform team within the advanced engineering group. The platform team will be working on simulation, dynamic services and customer specific projects. The simulation activity focuses on creating a virtual simulation platform for testing autonomous driving functionality by means of sensor simulation. The dynamic services activity focuses on processing and normalizing dynamic traffic data in order to offer that as a service to our (OEM) customers.
We work with an integral approach on topics related to Autonomous Driving, Smart Mobility, Smart Cities, Cybersecurity, and Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV). Multiple disciplines like Control System Design, World Modeling, Motion Planning, Functional & Operational Safety, Sensor Fusion, V2V & V2X Communication, Electronics, Software Engineering, Assessment, Tooling, etc. work together to bring the automated vehicle into life.
Work Description / Responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining Simulation and/or Dynamic Services code, including associated automatic tests
- Performing peer code reviews
- Performing (developer) tests on your own code
- Help getting requirements clear and writing down use cases
- Creating and updating SW documentation
- Part of a scrum team
- Project Leader and Department Manager
Requirements / Essentials
- A MSc or BSc degree, preferably in computer science.
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in software development (design, implementation and integration).
- Advanced practical experience in modern C++11/14
- Practical experience in Python
- Advanced practical experience in working with Linux, both as development environment as well as execution platform.
- Command of written and spoken English.
- Experience with AWS or other major Cloud platforms
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Atlassian Tooling (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket/GIT)
- Experience with Jenkins
- Knowledge of microservices architecture and technologies
Additional bonus points
- Domain knowledge in navigation applications
- Experience with Unity3D